Haywards has been trading since 1820 and is the oldest company in Tewkesbury – currently managed and owned by Simon & Mark Hayward who are the seventh generation of the Hayward family.
The first known trading address was 123 High Street (The Alcove). This was a building originally constructed in 1606 (the original fireplace can still be seen behind the counter and dates from that period). George Hayward traded there from 1841-51 as the ironmongers.
In 1904 the building was converted into a garage which was owned by Samuel James Osbourne. Samuel was a local legend in his day and was the first person in Tewkesbury to fly a plane and be the first person in the town to own and drive a motor car.
Haywards have a vast selection of hardware and DIY matierials which include ironmongery, plumbing, electrical, garden machinery sales and servicing to offer but most importantly have the “added value” of being able to offer each client personal and individual service to meet their requirements.